Nature in Art is owned and managed by the Nature in Art Trust
Reg Charity No: 1000553 Company No: 2530202
Nature in Art Trust was established in 1982 (then called the Society for Wildlife Art of the Nations) to set up a museum dedicated exclusively to art inspired by nature and then to manage and further develop it. Nature in Art opened in 1988.
Through its activities, and in particular, through Nature in Art, the Nature in Art Trust aims to cultivate an appreciation and understanding of the diversity of art inspired by nature through its collections and exhibitions and by:
• arranging travelling exhibitions and loan exhibits to and from different parts of the UK and the world
• arranging lectures, art courses, and other activities
• exploring the common ground between art and science and between conservation and the artist
• providing special facilities and programmes for the education of young people
• developing international cooperation and exchange of ideas
• stimulating and conduct research and encourage the publication of literature, academic and popular
Patron: HRH Princess Alexandra
President: Professor Sir Ghillean Prance F.R.S., V.M.H., M.A., D.Phil., F.L.S., CBiol, FSB
Vice-Presidents: Dr. Heather Angel, Dr. David Bellamy, Mrs Sonja Fuchs OBE, David Gower OBE, Lord Griffiths of Fforestfach, David Lank CM, Dr. Shirley Sherwood, His Honour Judge David Turner, QC
Chairman of Council: June Cox
Council: Ben Ash, Linda Bennett, Dr Timothy Brain, OBE, QPM, Michael Cansdale (Hon. Sec), Charles Dewhurst, Jamie Eykyn FCA, Michael Fairbairn, Rungwe Kingdon, Oliver Leigh-Wood, Julian Royle, Dr David Trapnell, Jonny Tyers, Paul Walkden, Paul Wilkinson.