This is a new project for 2021 – a selection of videos and flipbooks to help bring our collections and activities to life and, in particular, to provide those unable to visit in person the opportunity to explore, learn and be inspired.
This project will be an ongoing and developing feature with additions being made over time. We are extremely grateful for a grant awarded by South West Museum Development with thanks to funding from Art Fund and Arts Council England, which has made the start of this initiative possible.
In addition to a series of online live talks and sessions, the video and flipbook resources include:
- ARTISTS AT WORK – a virtual equivalent to our artists in residence programme, giving a unique insight into their creative process
- COLLECTION SPOTLIGHTS – short videos about specific items in the museum collection
- TURN AN OBJECT – turn an object from our collection around and view it from different aspects
- INSTRUCTIONAL FILMS – COMING SOON resources for those interested in art practice (currently our art course programme is suspended)
- CHILDREN’S PROJECTS – ideas for young people to do at home while our activity day programme is suspended.